This Policy does not apply to PTSD Resurrected Inc’s employee records and is subject to a separate Policy to ensure privacy is maintained in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
1. OPEN AND TRANSPARENT MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- the kinds of Personal Information that PTSD Resurrected Inc collects and holds
- how and the purposes for which PTSD Resurrected Inc collects, holds and uses Personal Information
- who PTSD Resurrected Inc discloses Personal Information to
- how an individual may access Personal Information about the individual that is held by PTSD Resurrected Inc and seek the correction of such information
- how an individual may complain about a privacy issue or alleged breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how PTSD Resurrected Inc will deal with such a complaint
- whether PTSD Resurrected Inc is likely to disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION PTSD RESURRECTED INC. COLLECTS, FROM WHOM AND THE PURPOSE FOR THE COLLECTION?
PTSD Resurrected Inc will only collect Personal Information that is necessary for its functions and activities. It will only collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means and not in an obtrusive way. PTSD Resurrected Inc collects and holds different categories of information depending on the engagement we have with you and the country and State and Territory that those services are being provided in. The following types of Personal Information may be collected:
Information about PTSD Resurrected Inc’s Contractors and Suppliers
PTSD Resurrected Inc collects, directly from our contractors and suppliers, Personal Information about our contractors and suppliers. This Personal Information will include their name and contact details so that we can contact them. For workplace health and safety reasons we may also collect from contractors certain Sensitive Information; for example, medical information a contractor has provided us about any injuries he or she may currently suffer.
From third parties, we may also collect feedback and information relating to our contractors and suppliers’ performance of services for PTSD Resurrected Inc. This information is collected solely so that we can monitor our contractors and suppliers’ performance of services and ensure that we provide the highest quality products and services to our customers.
Information about donors, agencies and clients
When you become a donor, agency, client, participant or student PTSD Resurrected Inc may collect Personal Information from you which is relevant for the engagement. This may or may not include such personal information as your name, contact details, bank account and credit card details.
All Personal Information collected by PTSD Resurrected Inc is solely used to achieve our Purpose. It may be used as follows:
- for donors and customers, details relating to billing purposes and order fulfilment
- to maintain your account details
- to establish charity membership status
- for general public and volunteers to provide you with information in relation to our courses, programs, events, or other engagement opportunities that you may have requested
- to streamline and personalise your experience while dealing with PTSD Resurrected Inc
- to undertake satisfaction surveys and to tailor PTSD Resurrected Inc information to improve our offerings and enhance your experience
- your image, video and sound recordings for promotional and marketing and reporting purposes
- survey and questionnaire responses to improve our services, systems and processes in case of emergencies
Occasionally, PTSD Resurrected Inc uses de-identified Personal Information derived from our donors and clients in order to provide PTSD Resurrected Inc with anonymous demographic and usage information. PTSD Resurrected Inc will then use this anonymous, aggregated information to develop new and/or more appropriate services and support.
3. QUALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PTSD Resurrected Inc will ensure, to the extent reasonably possible, that Personal Information collected (may be in hard copy form or electronic form), used or disclosed is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant. If PTSD Resurrected Inc becomes aware that any of the Personal Information it holds is inaccurate it will take prompt steps to update its records so that those records are correct.
4. ANONYMITY AND PSEUDONYMITY
Due to the nature of the services that PTSD Resurrected Inc provides, in most situations it will be impracticable for an individual to deal with us on an anonymous basis. However, PTSD Resurrected Inc will consider requests on a case by case basis. An example of a situation where PTSD Resurrected Inc might permit an individual to deal with us anonymously or through the use of a pseudonym is when an individual is making an enquiry about our services or employment opportunities or if an individual makes a donation on an anonymous basis.
PTSD Resurrected Inc takes active measures to ensure the security of Personal Information (both hard copy form and electronic form), it holds from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
All Personal Information (both hard copy form and electronic form) is stored securely.
When we no longer require your Personal Information it is securely destroyed and disposed of.
6. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to verification of your identity, if we hold Personal Information about you then you may make a request to access, update or correct this Personal Information at any time.
Any information change requests for access and correction should be made in writing to:
Founder of PTSD Resurrected Inc
There is no fee to make a request for access to your Personal Information. However, we may charge you a processing fee if you request copies of your information.
We will endeavour to respond to written requests for access and correction of Personal Information within 15 business days after a request is received by us, unless extenuating circumstances exist.
7. DIRECT MARKETING
PTSD Resurrected Inc will only engage in direct marketing practices in accordance with the law.
PTSD Resurrected Inc may despatch marketing communications by telephone (eg: SMS messaging), electronic messages (eg: email), online (eg: websites and apps) and other means, unless you opt out or we are subject to legal restrictions. These may include communications relating to PTSD Resurrected Inc and its programs, educational and fundraising campaigns and promotional messages, event invitations and newsletters.
At any time, an individual or organisation may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request that they no longer receive any marketing material or information from PTSD Resurrected Inc.
For email and other modes of communication, PTSD Resurrected Inc also provides a simple opt-out (unsubscribe) mechanism that individuals can easily submit at any time.
8. OVERSEAS DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As part of our operations PTSD Resurrected Inc may store some Personal Information to cloud based service providers which retains Personal Information on servers that may be located in a number of overseas countries.
PTSD Resurrected Inc will take all reasonable steps to ensure that no person or entity, including any overseas entity breaches applicable privacy laws.
You are taken to expressly agree and consent to the transfer, storing or processing of your personal information outside of Australia in submitting it to us. In providing consent, you understand and acknowledge that countries outside Australia do not always have the same privacy protection requirements as Australia in relation to personal information.
PTSD Resurrected Inc only retains Personal Information for as long as required by law and needed for our business functions and activities. It is then securely destroyed and disposed of.
If you do not agree to the transfer of your personal information outside Australia, you should contact:
Founder of PTSD Resurrected Inc
9. THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
Your personal information may be provided to organisations and/or third parties that may include the following:
- external service providers where you are transferring to a service provider that is not part of us
- a government agency, as required by law
- third party service providers who assist us with the delivery of services or who provide services to or partner with us to enable us to deliver services, or in undertaking quality assurance of our services
- third party service providers who assist us with fundraising activities or strategy or in analysis of our fundraising activities, strategy or patterns
- third parties who assist us with co-ordination of volunteers, community activities and advocacy
- government or non-government agencies where we have a reasonable concern regarding your safety or wellbeing
- third parties who collate and/or analyse information for the purposes of research and advocacy
- third parties for the electronic storage of information, some of which may be overseas
Whilst we seek to ensure through our contracts with external parties that they comply with the Act regarding the use of your personal information, we have limited control around how some external parties (for example, government agencies) use your personal information.
Accessing PTSD Resurrected Inc’s websites will result in some information being logged including the time of access, your IP address and the pages that have been viewed or accessed.
PTSD Resurrected Inc’s websites may contain links to external websites. PTSD Resurrected Inc is not responsible for the content or privacy policies that govern these websites.
11. MANDATORY NOTIFIABLE DATA BREACHES
We will comply with the notification and other requirements of the Act where your personal information held by us has been inadvertently lost or disclosed or improperly accessed and that loss, disclosure or access may result in serious harm to you.
12.COVID-19 SIGN-IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS, COLLECTIONS NOTICE & DATA PROTECTION
As COVID-19 restrictions apply around Australia, some States and Territories are managing the ongoing risks of the virus by issuing a Direction or Order requiring businesses to collect personal contact information about customers and visitors to their premises as a condition of particular businesses reopening and operating.
This document sets out how PTSD Resurrected Inc will collect, use, disclose and protect personal information collected from Visitors, Volunteers, Employees and all other persons who enter an PTSD Resurrected Inc site.
The purpose of the collection is to assist with COVID-19 contact tracing.
In compliance with a State or Health Authority Direction or Order that may apply to PTSD Resurrected Inc, and in the interest of enabling rapid detection and to control COVID-19 outbreaks, the collection of your personal information will be necessary for PTSD Resurrected Inc’s functions, courses and activities.
This means the collection of contact information is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 and PTSD Resurrected Inc abides by all applicable existing privacy laws and obligations where we operate and will:
- Only collect the personal information required under the Direction or Order and where necessary for PTSD Resurrected Inc’s functions, courses and activities and will only be used for the purpose of contact-tracing for COVID-19 and will not be used for any other purpose.
- Notify all individuals before collecting the personal information: what information we are collecting; that the collection is required by law; the purposes of collection; who the information will be disclosed to and the consequences of failing to provide the information. PTSD Resurrected Inc will do this by displaying a prominent notice at the entrance to our premises and website or in any email invitation or App, and reiterating the information when we talk to our clients, stakeholders and all visitors to our premises.
- Securely store this information once it has been collected. Access to the information is restricted only to the Director of Governance, Risk & Compliance and Privacy Officer who see it and ensure that the information is secured and protected at all times.
- Only provide this information to relevant State and Territory health authorities who undertake contact tracing activities, when requested to do so.
- Delete this information once it is no longer reasonably necessary for the purpose of contact tracing.
All PTSD Resurrected Inc staff and volunteers are made aware of the COVIDSafe App and encouraged to download the App and to support contract tracing if required by the authorities.
You may be refused entry into an PTSD Resurrected Inc event/site if you do not provide your contact details as required when you sign in on arrival at our premises or when completing your visitor record prior to your arrival.
Covid-19 Sign-in Terms & Conditions as at 7 September 2020.
13.ACCESS TO THIS POLICY
You can also request a free copy of it by contacting:
Founder of PTSD Resurrected Inc
All complaints relating to the handling and management of Personal Information by PTSD Resurrected Inc or any breach of the applicable privacy laws, including the Australian Privacy Principles should be addressed to:
Founder of PTSD Resurrected Inc
In order to deal with complaints appropriately, please include the below information with your complaint:
- A summary of the privacy concern or alleged breach
- Any action, or inaction, PTSD Resurrected Inc has taken, or failed to take, regarding the matter
- Copies of any relevant documentation in connection with the complaint, including any communications that PTSD Resurrected Inc has had with you.
PTSD Resurrected Inc’s Privacy Officer will investigate the complaint, and, if necessary, may refer the complaint to the relevant department at PTSD Resurrected Inc that the complaint relates to. PTSD Resurrected Inc will endeavour to respond to complaints within 15 business days unless extenuating circumstances exist.
PTSD Resurrected Inc will take immediate steps to redress proven privacy concerns or breaches.
If you are not satisfied with PTSD Resurrected Inc’s response and your complaint relates to a privacy concern or alleged breach by one of PTSD Resurrected Inc’s Australian affiliates, you may take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commission (Telephone: 1300 363 992).
15. FURTHER INFORMATION
This Policy is subject to regular review.